Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Life after juicing


28 days later 



It has now been a week since the day that I finished my 28 day juicing journey. yay! Words cannot begin to describe how happy and amazing I feel. Many people have asked me what will happen after the 28 days, thinking that I would go back to normal eating habits. I just can't though! I really can't.  Once I started feeling like this, I knew that I had to absolutely change the way that I ate.

 I decided to go vegan ( no animals or animal products like milk and cheese etc...) because I researched so much about the food industry that I knew that something had to be done, something drastically had to change.  I thought it was going to be hard at first but my body has begun to crave healthy things instead of the things I used to crave. I can now eat a lot of fruit and feel completely satisfied.

Ultimately,   its not about thinking to yourself, " I can never eat like that" but rather...make a conscious effort to find out the ingredients that are put in your food, who makes it, what do they stand for, etc... And with that knowledge make an effort to choose better foods. Not everyone is going to go on a juicing mission or turn vegan, I understand that. But you can do certain things that are going to move you closer to overall health. Most of the time we just go into a grocery store buy stuff and leave and never think twice about the ingredients that are in our food. I encourage you to research! Find out what you are eating! One of the best apps out there is called Fooducate. You can download it and take it to the store with you. Whenever you are not sure about buying something scan it and see what is in the ingredients. Keep in mind that most of the time, food is business and they want to sell you their products while making it seem "all natural" and "Healthy." The best food that you can eat is food that doesn't have a list of ingredients and chemicals. Eat natural whole foods like delicious peaches, plums, apples, and mineral rich vegetables.
To celebrate my 28 day juicing journey, my husband and I mad a fully raw vegan carrot cake. No eggs, sugar, dairy, etc.... The only ingredients that were used were carrot pulp, raisins, dates, cinnamon, cashews, lemon, rose water, coconut water, and vanilla bean. It was so delicious and so satisfying! I am so thankful my husband was so supportive of me throughout this process.



Results

-I lost 7 lbs. and haven't gained it back since I started eating
- feel more energized throughout the day
- skin is clearer
- no cramps
- no bloated feeling. Normally I would feel extremely bloated after I ate anything, now I feel no bloating and my stomach doesn't hurt after I eat. yay!
- happier
- cravings mostly gone


I didn't want to post these pictures because I am super emberassed and normally would never post any pictures like this. I just thought it would be good to show you guys what I meant by "less bloated." Before I would eat just about anything and feel so bloated after...even if it wasn't a bad meal...my stomach would hurt and I would just have this miserable feeling afterward.  Now I enjoy every bite I take and try to eat as many nutrient dense foods as I can and feel incredibly amazing! If you have any questions and would like to do something like this, feel free to message me. I would be more than happy to help you and give you any tips and info that you need. 


                                                Before                                                        After



With Love,
MJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger