Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 1

<Day 7, 8, & 9>

Day 7...week 1 complete!


Today was my best friend's bridal shower at my favorite place ever : Peacock Garden Cafe! The menu: French toast served with fresh fruit, homemade potatoes, omelet, berry mimosas, cupcakes, cake pops, and the list goes on. This was a real temptation for me because I had to sit in a table next to people eating these amazing foods. I knew that I was going to struggle, so I prepared my juice and gave it to the chef before so that I could drink my juice while everyone ate. It was still a huge temptation because everything smelled so good! I was so glad that I was able to choose not to eat. 

Day 7 was also the hardest day so far. After the shower, I was insanely hungry. It was Armando's last day today and just thinking that I went through an entire week of no food and just juice was rewarding enough for me. I wanted to stop and just call it a week. I almost stopped...I was very hungry and felt that I just needed something to chew. I didn't want to go crazy so  I  ate a baked potato with salt and pepper with Armando. After I ate, I felt really good and felt motivated to continue.  I kept thinking about it and I decided I could not stop. I had to at least keep trying for another week....So on to week 2 I go! 






Day 8: Week 2 Begins...


I am so happy that I decided to go another week. I woke up feeling positive and energized and ready to embrace this amazing opportunity! I have been spending time reading, reflecting, and enjoying nature. We went for a run today in the hot sun and it felt great! 




Day 9

Another beautiful day! Last night we had some friends over for the heat game and they brought us fresh herbs! So sweet :) I am feeling awake, refreshed, and very happy!!! I got my workout in today and felt super energetic. yay!



-With Love, MJ




Recipes:
Day 7
-Ginger Shot- 1 in. raw ginger, 1 apple
-Green Zesty Super Smoothie- 2 pears, 1/2 lime, 1/2 in. slice fennel, 1/2 medium zucchini, 1 stalk celery, 1 handful of spinach leaves, and blend 1/2 ripe avocado.
- Energy Explosion-  1/4 medium pineapple, 1 apple, 2 medium carrots, 1 handful spinach leaves, 1 handful kale, 1 in. slice broccoli stem, 1/4 lemon, serve with ice.
Day 8
-Natural Electrolyte Sodium Shot-1/4 medium cucumber, 1 stalk celery
-Oxygen Elixier- 2 apples, 1 small red beet, 1 medium carrote, 1 stalk celery, 1/4 lemon, 1/2 ripe avocado
-Mineral Medicine- 2 apples, 1 in. slice broccoli stem, 1 stalk of celery, 1/4 medium cucumber, 1 in. slice raw ginger, 1 spear of asparagus, 1 medium pasnip, and serve with ice. 
Day 9
- Ginger Shot-  1 in. raw ginger & 1 apple
- Protein Rich Powerhouse- 1 apple, a handful of spinach leaves, 1/4 medium pineapple, 1/4 medium cucumber, 1 lime, 1 in. slice broccoli stem, 6 pods of fresh peas, and blend with 1/2 ripe avocado and 1 tsp of hemp powder & ice.
- Digestive Aid- 2 apples, 2 large carrots, 1 stalk of celery, 1 in. slice fennel, 1 in slice raw ginger, and serve with ice. 

<3 Enjoy!
-MJ

1 comment:

  1. The "protein rich powerhouse" looks delicious! I will definitely have to try it! Do you get your recipes from a book/online or do you make them up yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger