Wednesday, May 21, 2014

why i chose to start juicing.

        Love Your Body. 

As of May 18, life just hasn't been the same. Armando and I recently came across a documentary called, "SuperJuice Me." We have watched other documentaries which have inspired us to be more aware about the food that we eat but NEVER to this degree. This documentary is about a juicing experiment that takes place in Portugal. Jason Vale, the creator, made a call for people with all types of diseases to come and embark on a juicing experiment. He wanted to see if juicing for 28 days straight with no food could change the lives of 8 individuals who had numerous diseases and potentially take them off their medication. These 8 individuals were taking lots of medication every single day and were not feeling better. The documentary shows their journey, their struggle, and their life changing experiences.  The Results? AMAZING! If you would like to see the documentary, visit www.superjuiceme.com. After watching this video, Armando and I were deeply, deeply  moved and decided to give this juicing experiment a try. <3 

Ever since I can remember, I have suffered from many allergies: dogs, cats, duts, milk, eggs, soaps,  and the list goes on! I have normalized all my symptoms because I was so used to always feeling like I had a cold or bloated when I would eat something. My stomach is constantly bloated after I eat just about anything. I break out into rashes sometimes and my throat starts to itch. After watching this video, I came to an understand of why there is SO many allergic reactions. We are being loaded with sugar, gluten, and other highly processed foods that are bad for our bodies which cause our bodies to react. After reasearching this topic, I decided to go for it and give it a try. I want to see the results for myself and take charge for my own body. I do not want to depend on any pill for the rest of my life. Over the next days, I will keep ya'll updated on how I feel and If I notice any difference. My goal is NOT to lose weight or do this as a "diet". My goal is to allow my body to flush out the toxins and chemicals from processed foods so that I can have a new start and make a complete change in the way that I eat. Juicing acts as a form of intervention. Imagine that you are a drug addict going through withdrawals....the symptoms you will feel while Juicing are similar because your body is going through withdrawals from all the processed food. My goal is to allow my body to cleanse out those harmful chemicals and ingredients so that I can start new and not be addicted to those ingredients.   I will be posting on my day to day experiences and will be adding the recipes for each day. Stay Posted! -With Love, Mary Joe
xo










No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger