Thursday, May 22, 2014

here we go. First off, I want to start off by saying that I am super lucky to be doing this with my husband, Armando. I was so happy when he told me he would do it with me because never in a million years would he ever do something like this.  For those of you who don't know him, Armando comes from a very Latin Cuban househould  so when he told me he would at least try this with me for a whole week I was in a big shock.  Having someone to encourage you when you want to give up helps so much! We have both had to coach our way through this together and I am so happy to have him by my side. It also helps to have  him suffer with me. haha...just playing! At the beginning, it is going to feel like suffering but you will eventually get past that mindset. 
Day 1.


Day 1: Today, we woke up SUPER happy and nervous to begin this experiment. I had done some prepping the night before to make sure everything was ready to go for the juicing part. We had pumped ourselves up so much for this that day 1 was not too hard. It felt weird not to go to the fridge to get something to snack on but it was nice not having to cook. The first day went by super fast and most of our hunger was more for emotional comfot than actual hunger because the juices were pretty filling. 

This plan consists of 4 juices a day with a ginger or celery shot in the morning :) I will be posting the juice recipes for each day. At the bottom, is the juice recipes for day 1. 

The Juicing Plan goes as follows: 
-9:55 a.m. ginger shot
- 10 a.m.  Juice 1
- 1 p.m.     Juice 2
- 4 p.m     Juice 3
-7 p.m     Juice 4

Juice #1 & #4 are the same exact juice and so are Juice #3 & #4. So basically your are drinking two different juices a day. 
Ginger Shot. juice 1 apple and 1 inch of raw ginger.
Protein Rich Powerhouse. Juice 1 apple, 1 large handful of spinach leaves, 1/4 medium pineapple, 1/4 cucumber, 1 lime (with the pith), 1 in Broccoli Stem, 6 pods of fresh peas, 1/2 ripe avocado, 1 tsp Hemp Powder and serve with ice. * After you finish juicing the ingredients, you pour the juice in a blender and then add the avocado. You can't really juice the avocado so you have to blend it. 
Breath of Fresh Air. 1 large orange (with the pith) , 2 medium carrots, 1 red beet root (dont peel),  handful of fresh mint, 1 in raw ginger...juice and serve with ice.


- With Love, mj 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger